martes, 28 de octubre de 2008

The Urinary System seventh grade

Skill Worksheet
Reinforcement
Annie Apple’s Amazing Adventure
Complete this worksheet after you finish reading the section “The Urinary System.”

Being an apple, Annie is not very good with words. In her story below, she used many terms incorrectly. The incorrect terms have been underlined and numbered. Help Annie by writing the correct term in the corresponding blank provided at the bottom of the page.

Hi, my name is Annie Apple, and I’m, well, an apple! I’ve just been on the strangest adventure, and I thought you’d like to hear about it.
First, this girl took a huge bite out of me and used her teeth to chew me. They call that (1) chemical digestion. While this was happening I got soaked by (2) bile, which breaks down my carbohydrates into simple sugars. Boy, was that -uncomfortable! Then I was swallowed. I went down a long tube called the (3) small intestine, and I ended up in the (4) liver. There, I was bombarded by acid and enzymes, which broke me down further until I was a soupy mixture called (5) amino acids. Next I was released into the (6) large intestine. There I was met by pancreatic juice and (7) saliva. Then I was broken down enough to be partially absorbed into the bloodstream.
After that, I passed into the (8) esophagus, where I had water absorbed from me. At last, what was left of me passed through an opening called the (9) villi. But that’s not the end! The part of me that passed into the bloodstream provided energy to lots of cells before it ended up at the (10) stomach, where it was filtered through tiny (11) bladders and then went out the (12) urethra to be stored in the (13) nephron.
The final leg of my journey was through the (14) ureter to the outside world. Isn’t that an unbelievable adventure?
1.____________________________ 8.__________________________
2.____________________________ 9.__________________________
3.____________________________ 10.__________________________
4.____________________________ 11.__________________________
5. ___________________________ 12.__________________________
6.____________________________ 13.__________________________
7.____________________________ 14.__________________________

No hay comentarios:

MENU